Monday, October 10, 2016

Cockroach Trap for Home Pest Control

Cockroach Trap
We don't have roaches, but we ants and spiders. Within a day the trap caught a large (carpenter?) ant. I did not take its picture because I thought if I give it a few days it would catch more insects but a day later the ant was gone. He escaped! The trap does catch and hold smaller insects.
The trap is a cardboard box which is easy to put together. The bottom sheet of the trap is glue covered with a protective layer you have to remove. The package includes bait. The bait comes in a capsule which needs to be smashed into powder. I did that with a hammer while the foil package was still closed to keep everything inside of the pack. Then I cut the foil and deposited it in the center of the trap. Note that the insects get caught before they get to the bait. Note: the side could be bent up, but in my experience it caught more bugs with the sides down (more traffic walked in). The glue either holds them or it does not. A small barrier is not going to prevent escapes, only the glue can hold them in.
Stated to be non-toxic and lasts 3 months. I could smell the bait as I deposited it into the trap. I cannot smell it from a distance though.
I received this trap for evaluation and review. It works well for small bugs. It is key to put it on the path of the critters you are trying to catch so they can find it. I will post an update if if it can catch and hold other large ants, and my escapee was just lucky
Updated: because the trap is made out of card board, it should be replaced periodically (for me it is once a week) whether it has insects or not. I have it in the basement and noticed that it became somewhat warped from absorbing moisture in the air.
Click to check the current prices: Cockroach Trap
Mouse Glue Traps Reusable Cockroach Bait Trap ARS Roach Trap Professional Cockroach Trap
Mouse & Rat Glue Traps Reusable Cockroach Bait Trap ARS Roach Trap Professional Cockroach Trap

No comments:

Post a Comment