Thursday, October 13, 2016

Best Mouse Glue Traps

Mouse Glue Traps
These work! Trust me we tried EVERYTHING before resorting to glue traps as I know they can be considered cruel. A mouse was eluding us, my cats and snap traps too for 3 months since I moved into this house. We tried everything from sweets to sours to salty bates, even the TomCat bait, but with NO luck. Since we have cats and appreciate the wildlife outside we can't use poison so had to resort to something else because mouse poop and pee are incredibly unsanitary for my elderly mother. I set these smallish traps out with a very tiny bit of bait in the very middle. Remember DO NOT TOUCH any part of the trap with your bare hands, use kitchen gloves. I chose cashews, bbq sauce, TomCat bait, bread, caramel and a bit of cooked broccoli rabe. It was the broccoli that worked oddly enough. Having to put the mouse out of its misery after being caught is not fun but doable. I didn't feel as guilty as it was less than 20min after he was caught and I was able to do it with a pumpkin. So as long as you know you have to "take care of " the mouse after then you're good, these work.
These arrived today. I bought 2 packs of 6 (12 traps total). I honestly thought it would take a few days to use all of the traps, but nope! In less than 12 hours, I already caught 9 mice. I just laid out my last 2 traps and relocated 1 of the traps I previously laid out to a spot that I found pretty successful.
For those that have an issues catching the mice, what I did was that I put a bit of Palmiers crumbs at the center (not too much, only about 1-2 cm in length of crumbs). It seems like the mice really love this puff pastry.
Put the traps in places that isn't out in the open since mice don't really run around in the open. For example, I put a trap between two bins that I know the mice likes to hang around at (since the bins contains food & goodies). I normally put the traps on the floor, around the area that I generally spot these little guys.
Seeing as how I ran out of traps so fast, i'm already ordering more.
Click to check the current prices: Mouse Glue Traps

No comments:

Post a Comment