Monday, October 24, 2016

The Best Way To Get Rid Of Mice Fast

Mouse Glue Traps
My husband and sons prefer glue traps - and these work great. Have used them for many years with great success. But the deal is - if we catch a mouse this way - THEY have to take it out to the garbage. They bait with a little bit of peanut butter right in middle.
I like these! The glue is sticky, but not so sticky that I can't get my finger out of it, or that a cat won't be able to get a paw out.
I don't use these for mice, but I find they are excellent for trapping spiders and bugs. I have a friend who had a brown recluse problem, and they used glue traps to eliminate the problem. These are better than the old kind though - they are sticky enough, but not so sticky that a PERSON can't get out of them. Once I stepped on one of my old traps and I couldn't get it off my shoe!
I had 6 of these to test, and I stuck my finger in one- deep- and though it stuck well, it was no problem to get it off. It didn't hurt my finger in any way. I took some of the color out of the picture to try to show that there was NO residue on my finger.
They don't have a smell. They are easy to use. I even like that they are not as long - the old kind was BAD NEWS when we got a cat trapped in one. We never thought we'd have a cat decide to go behind a small crack between a wall and chest, but she did. These shorter traps might catch ONE paw- which can be removed easily- but they won't catch SEVERAL OR ALL paws like the older kinds did.
I like that they are non-toxic. Tomcat is a good brand, and I'm glad to see them innovating the glue traps like this. These catch the big palmetto bugs too and if you use some duct tape to tape them to the side of a window sill, close to the top, they catch those big crane flies pretty quick.
These would be big enough for small mice, but would NOT work for large mice or rats, they'd be too short.
There is also the risk of songbirds (even protected species), chipmunks, and even squirrels getting stuck in the glue traps if used in outdoor or semi-enclosed areas. Other larger, yet small animals can also be at risk if they can reach the trap, such as your dogs or cats. If your cat gets it paw stuck in one of the traps, it's going to cost you a trip to the vet for some expensive surgical removal. The glue is really sticky and will likely tear the flesh from the pads of the cat's foot if you try to remove it yourself.
So keep in mind just how indiscriminate glue traps are, they will stick to anything that touches them. Use caution when and where you place them, and be ready for any possible liabilities that arise from not using them properly or thinking through the placement well enough.
Click to check the current prices: Mouse Glue Traps

No comments:

Post a Comment