Friday, October 28, 2016

Cute Cartoon Kindle Voyage Cover Case

Ever since I got my Kindle Voyage, I have been searching for a case that I could love as much as I love my Voyage. Perhaps it is the unique page turning aspects of the new Voyage that seem to make finding the ideal case so problematic but my search continues.
Best Designer Cases for Kindle Voyage
The TAGreat Protective Cover comes close with its unique engineering design. It’s an origami style cover that opens in the traditional book style rather than the flip over notebook style. All four corners are protected and covers stay securely closed. The top cover has an eighth of an inch soft overlap on the edge which makes it easy to grab and open. However, It is not that easy to get the Voyage out of the back shell, which it is not a problem for me, since I rarely take my Kindle out of the case, but may be a problem for someone who likes to change cases frequently.
The cover is PU leather, polyurethane or bicast, which seems to be commonly used in tablet covers and has a nice smooth feel and is only slightly textured which eliminates fingerprint smudges. The inside is a soft microfiber. I put it on a postal scale and it weighs exactly 3 ounces, not the 1.6 ounces listed on the product page, but it does not add much weight to the Voyage. The PU fabric hinge between the covers is three/eighths inch wide and only time will tell if holds up well.
The one thing that I really liked about this case is that it does stand up easily and firmly. Touching the screen to turn the page does not knock it off balance at all. It can stand in either the vertical or horizontal position, depending on the fold. There is only one angle for each position. (pictures attached) Since I usually hold my Voyage to read, I also like the way that my hand was able to grip around the origami folds. I found it easy to read one handed and did not feel as though I was going to drop the Voyage or put a strain on my hand. The cover can also fold flat back against the case, if preferred, but does not hold onto the back.
Unfortunately, what keeps this from being my ideal five star case is that the automatic wake/sleep feature does not work. This may be just a defect in my case but, if so, it does reflect upon the quality control process. Since the on/off button on the Voyage is in such an easy to reach spot and this case does have that button opening on back, there is a quick workaround for this flaw.
The case was provided to me by the manufacturer for trial and evaluation. This opinion is 100% mine and based solely on my perception of the merits of the product.
Click to check the current prices: Kindle Voyage Cases

No comments:

Post a Comment