Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Cute Cartoon Cases for Kindle Paperwhite

Cute Cartoon Cases for Kindle Paperwhite
It definitely fits my 2nd generation Paperwhite with ease. It's a soft plastic - I would describe it as in between those super hard "snap in" cases and the silicone or other soft glove-like cases. I like it.
The cover has a very light magnet - barely there. I don't feel anything when I close it. I believe this is because of the other customer's experiences with it turning the Kindle off when flipped around to the backside. Mine works just as it's supposed to. However, the cover slips a little when closed (not detrimentally) because of the light magnet.
I got is as a Mother's Day present, along with my new Kindle Paperwhite device! I was actually torn between this one and another, more expensive case by Marware. I've owned a few Marware--I see they are MarBlue now--cases before and they have all, without fail, proven to be a superior product. So, when I had the choice between this one, or the more expensive MarBlue case, I hesitated. But, after reading several reviews I decided to give this case a chance; after all Amazon has an excellent return policy.
For reading with my Kindle Paperwhite at home, I prefer using it without a cover, but I put it in my purse when going to appointments, events, and when traveling. Therefore, I needed a cover so it wouldn't get scratched, but wanted something very minimal. I wanted very thin and lightweight. This cover was described as "Thinnest and Lightest," and I agree. It seems almost featherweight and adds very, very little bulk, but on a device that only weighs about 7 ounces itself, I can tell that it adds just a little bit of weight. I've been leaving it in the cover even at home, however, because I'm afraid if I remove and replace it too many times, it might loosen or break. It's a very simple and attractive cover, which is what I wanted. The Paperwhite just snaps into the little plastic "tray" which holds it securely. The front and back covers are held closed magnetically, and somehow wake the Kindle when it's opened and put it to sleep when it's closed. Even though the cover is happily very thin, I think it would offer some basic level of protection if the device was dropped. I ordered the pink, which is a calm shade. The outside of the cover is firm and has a small leather-like grain, and the inside of the front cover is soft microfiber in charcoal gray. The cover does give you the impression that you're holding a real book, and the front cover will fold completely around to the back for holding it in one hand. I recommend this cover especially for those like me who'd prefer no cover or a very minimal one, but want some protection for the Kindle. This cover is even better than I expected! The price was excellent as well.
This case looks very elegant and it has the look as if it were an agenda or a book. I think it protects very well your kindle and for the price it is a very good purchase, because the official Amazon case is much more expensive. The Kindle recognizes when you open the case and when you close it, and it protects your kindle, so at the end it does the job for a cheaper price. The only thing you have to be aware of is that you have to make sure that the magnets in the case match the edge of it, so that the Kindle can recognize that you have closed the case and enters the sleep mode.
A note of caution if ordering: For some reason, Amazon has listed four entirely different covers on the same product page, and all the reviews for the different covers are mixed together, which is confusing. This review is for the Printing series "Thinnest and Lightest" cover only. I wish amazon would do separate product pages and especially separate reviews for entirely different products.
Click to check the current prices: Best Cases for Kindle Paperwhite

No comments:

Post a Comment