Wednesday, July 19, 2017

LG G6 User Reviews

LG G6 User Reviews
Wow, what a great phone! Moving up from an LG Flex, and was reluctant to let the Flex go, because I loved it so much. The screen of the G6 is as tall as the Flex, but slightly narrower. The photo quality is far superior. (But of course, the G6 does not "flex," alas. I liked it!)

I had never had an unlocked phone before, so wasn't sure if I would have technical challenges. I didn't. The unlocked version has an Android OS tailored by LG, but no add-ons from my cell carrier, thank goodness! So it is cleaner and easier, and I still have the option to download apps from my carrier (T-Mobile) if I choose to.

I transferred every iota of data and nearly all apps from the Flex to the G6, using Google. (The easy step by step process pops right up on both new and old phones.) Interestingly, the transfer did not "empty" my old Flex, so I now have duplicate contents on the phones. (Without a SIM card, the Flex will not handle calls and texts, but it still receives notifications, news, and everything else. Every morning I read the New York Times and other news on the Flex, saving the G6 battery!)

The phone arrived a bit more quickly than predicted, and with a few hours of charge, it was up and at it! It was well-packaged, with all the right accessories and paperwork. I would buy from this seller again, or refer others to them!
By night owl
I crashed my Nexus5 hard and with replacing the screen and the battery, I decided it was time for a new phone. Wow, did I find a winner. It's screen is huge but the phone still fits in my packet securely. I had a Galaxy Note II that spent as much time on the floor as in my pocket that was a slightly large phone, This one is just the right size for me.

PROS:
* After having fried a Nexus 6 in the toilet (yes, yuk) I really like the water resistant feature. I can slip it on the back of my bike jersey and not worry if it rains or how much I sweat.
* The finger print feature I wasn't sure about but I really like it now that I have it. Not a must have on future phones, but I like being able to open lots of apps w/o entering a complicated password (like banking apps) being entered correctly. Quicker, too.
* Battery life is exceptional. I use it and it runs all day w/o charging.
* Love the dual SIMM card. I put a 128GB card in it and the new android saves data there for movies, pictures, music, the stuff that takes up lots of room.

CONS:
* Honestly non yet. I bought in as an unlocked T-Mobile phone, but I have T-Mobile as my carrier so the T-Mobile specific applicatins are working for me, or I just removed the ones I had no use for.

I recommend this phone highly. Especially now that the G6 has come out with a higher speed processor and all the international bells and whistles, this version (North American, Snap Dragon 815 vs, 820) is an even better bargain that will probably get cheaper.
By South Texan
Good design. It is good to see LG going back to the nailing the basics that make for a great phone.

Pros:
1 slim and not too heavy
2 generous screen with excellent colors
3 fingerprint reader doubles up as power button
4 Good UX customization of android with not too much customization

Cons:
1 Clean right edge of the phone but volume buttons are on the left edge, and get in the way holding the phone up reading in bed (will stop me from using phone eventually)
2 Speaker is ok better than others such as the Pixel but not any where close to the excellent sound of the Sony XZ Premium, for example.
By Z2000
---Ads---
Find great deals on TAGreat for Best LG G6 Cases. Shop with confidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment