Thursday, February 23, 2017

Yellow Sticky Traps for White Flies, Aphids, Fungus Gnats, Leaf Miners, Black Flies, Thrips

These are so much better than those annoying spiral ones that you hang and then you cuss alot when you get caught in them. I have actually put one of these up in my kitchen only removing one side of the sticky and putting on my wall with a thumb tack. It has work well to catch the occasional nasty gnat that likes to fly around while I am trying to cook. I also put some outside near the door on our back patio. They have caught an abundance of insects, keeping them from coming in the house and also from "bugging" us while we try to enjoy the evenings. I place one near a light and another nearer to the ground by the door. They are dual sided if you wanted to hang from a tree or something outside but I have only used one side of mine. They are fairly big so they catch a lot before they need changed:) These things are great and with 20 to a pack they should last a couple of summers! I am very happy with this product and would recommend.
  • Specially designed for flying plant pests that like yellow color and easily trap them.
  • Made of Non-toxic material, controlling pests in a more ECO friendly and economical way.
  • Great for capturing aphids, leaf miners, fungus gnats, thrips, white flies, black flies, midges.
  • Dimension: 6*8 inches; Pack of 20 pcs; Wire ties included.
  • KINDLY NOTE - This product is for trapping flying plant insect only, good for outdoor plant or houseplant, but not applicable for other home pest in house / kitchen / garage like fruit flies, mosquitos and bugs.
I had fungus gnats infestation and these yellow sticky trap saved my little garden! I learned my lesson now and know that there is no quick fix for this issue. But you can be strategic when it comes to gnats as you need to separate your focus on the adult gnats and their eggs. First, do not over water your garden as gnats love and lay their eggs in wet soil. Second, use these sticky traps in the areas that are crowded with adult gnats (in my case they were flying in their weird way above my plants). Third, add hydrogen peroxide to the water when you are watering your infested plants as fungus gnat larvae will die on contact with the hydrogen peroxide. Fourth, sit back and let the adult gnats get trapped by the stickies (thus, they wont be able to fly and lay more eggs) and the baby ones to die in dehydration (with watering less) and on contact with hydrogen peroxide. This is by far the cheapest and most healthy (organic) why I was able to get rid of my fungus gnats infestation. Thanks for reading my review and I hope it has helped you in some way :);
Easy to handle and count insects without getting sticky. These yellow sticky traps attract a broad spectrum of flying insects, including: aphids, whiteflies, thrips, leafhoppers, leafminers, and moths. Long lasting traps are weatherproof, and come with a wire twist to easily hang on plants or branches.
Click to check the current prices: Flying Insects Sticky Traps

No comments:

Post a Comment