Friday, March 17, 2017

Best Mini RC Quadcopter Drone with Camera

Ever want to try playing around with drones but are put off by their large sizes and hefty price tags? Worry not – the CX-10W is the perfect entry device for the budding drone pilot!

Good Things Come in Small Packages

CX-10W is a drone that keeps things as small – and affordable – as possible. You get a tiny drone that's only 62x62x25mm and weighs a mere 17 grams. It's so small you could literally place the RC Quadcopter in your palms and curl your fingers around the entire unit. Yet despite its miniature size, the CX-10W is one mini drone that is much cheaper compared to its larger, bulkier cousins. You just pair it to your Android or iOS smartphone – further reducing the costs on your end.

A Fun Gift or a Reliable Scout

The small size coupled with the affordable price of the CX-10W makes it a very attractive option for first-time drone owners. It's small enough to be carried around and affordable enough to experiment with without having to worry too much about breaking a valuable piece of equipment. Its six-axis gyroscope helps boost the stability of the quadcopter, making it a fun and easy-to-handle toy for both adults and children alike to enjoy!
The CX-10W, however, can also prove to be a pretty useful device in the right situations. The 0.3-megapixel camera it comes with is no slouch; capable of delivering some nice footage to the user handling the controls with its FPV. While the drone works anywhere between 15 to 30 meters away, its small size lets the user peer into tight confines a person won't be able to squeeze through. The CX-10W can also fly straight up and significantly increase the user's sight range – perfect for the tech-savvy outdoorsman. Couple this with its extremely small size, and you have a pretty useful device for a variety of applications.
A low price tag, an easy-to-handle package, compatibility with a wide range of smartphones - all these make the CX-10W an extremely versatile quadcopter for fun or for work!
Key Features...
  • 720p-compatible 0.3MP Camera
  • Six-axis Gyroscope for Extra Added Stability
  • 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi Control That Works with Android and iOS
  • Tiny 17-Gram Drone That Can Fit in Your Bag or Purse
CX-10W Mini Camera Drone
 This was SUCH a hit with my 50 year old, Norwegian bachelor farmer brother-in-law. It is simple enough to be operated by a fairly non-techy sort of person, and after a learning curve, is great fun to fly. My brother in law was able to take some pretty detailed video of first the living room (including individual thread colors in the carpet when it landed--pretty amazing detail) to a fairly impressive aerial shot of the property and sort of panoramic shots around the yard. He is hoping to get good enough at flying it to be able to check out the roof on the barn, see how the crops are doing, etc., and I believe he will get there. My six year old nephew was eager to try it, and with some help was able to fly it fairly well.
I do have to say, this thing is TINY as in, it sits in the palm of your hand!! I didn't realize when I ordered it, that it was so tiny, so my heart sank a little when we opened it. But when he downloaded the app and started flying it, I was really quite impressed with its quality for the price! The video shots in particular are truly as good as the ones he takes on his cell phone, and I love that no extra SD card or cumbersome USB is required. This little drone obviously can't compete with the pricier models and bigger models, but for basic use, it really can't be beat. Because of its tiny size, it is pretty sensitive to slight changes in navigation, and I was reminded of my (professor emeritus) dad trying to teach me to drive a stick-shift, and uncharacteristically hysterically screaming "GRADUAL ADJUSTMENTS!! INCREMENTAL CHANGES!!!", which you want to employ here.
I did receive this nifty little drone at a discount in exchange for taking the time to write an objective review. I take my reviews seriously and will only provide accurate and honest feedback; I still have to pay for the items I receive and review, and I do test things and consider them from the same standpoint as you do. I am not connected to this company (nor any of the companies of products that I review) in any way. Sometimes I review a product and recommend it, but I also write reviews where I don't recommend a product--a discount for the purchase is by no means a bribe or incentive towards a "good" review for me (as you can see by some of my other reviews). It truly depends on the item and its quality and usefulness to me personally. I rely heavily on reviews written by others to guide me towards the correct purchases for me and my family, therefore I write my reviews with the same eye for those details for you as well.
Click to check the current prices: CX-10W Mini Camera Quadcopter Drone

No comments:

Post a Comment