Monday, September 12, 2016

Cute Cartoon Leather Cover Case for All-New Kindle (8th Generation)

Cartoon Leather Cover Case for All-New Kindle (8th Generation)
For reading with my Kindle at home, I prefer using it without a cover, but I put it in my purse when going to appointments, events, and when traveling. Therefore, I needed a cover so it wouldn't get scratched, but wanted something very minimal. I wanted very thin and lightweight. This cover was described as "Thinnest and Lightest," and I agree. It seems almost featherweight and adds very, very little bulk, but on a device that only weighs about 7 ounces itself, I can tell that it adds just a little bit of weight. I've been leaving it in the cover even at home, however, because I'm afraid if I remove and replace it too many times, it might loosen or break. It's a very simple and attractive cover, which is what I wanted. The Paperwhite just snaps into the little plastic "tray" which holds it securely. The front and back covers are held closed magnetically, and somehow wake the Kindle when it's opened and put it to sleep when it's closed. Even though the cover is happily very thin, I think it would offer some basic level of protection if the device was dropped. I ordered the pink, which is a calm shade. The outside of the cover is firm and has a small leather-like grain, and the inside of the front cover is soft microfiber in charcoal gray. The cover does give you the impression that you're holding a real book, and the front cover will fold completely around to the back for holding it in one hand. I recommend this cover especially for those like me who'd prefer no cover or a very minimal one, but want some protection for the Kindle. This cover is even better than I expected! The price was excellent as well.
I really balked at buying the Amazon branded cover for this device. It is nigh on 30% of the device price. So I noticed this case had great reviews AND you can get it for a song if you choose the lowest-priced color. I figured if I didn't like it I was out eight bucks and I can always buy the Amazon case. My blue one was $7.99 and the red one is a ridiculous $5.99 right now. I think I'm going to order it just as a backup.
I like it. It looks exactly like the manufacturer's pictures. It behaves exactly like the manufacturer says it will. The on and off feature works perfectly, always, the very first time. I have Amazon Prime, so for $6 and free shipping it simply doesn't make sense to at least try it before laying out 35 bucks plus tax for the genuine Amazon one. Having said that, I have a Visio 8" tablet with a Amazon-type case which uses clamps to hold the device in rather than the style used on this case. Assuming the Amazon is as good as the Visio, I would probably prefer it because absolutely nothing impinges on the top of the device. Whereas this cover has a full fake leather surround. It does not, however, ever impinge on the actual screen. Those way more expensive cases with stretchy elastic across the corners are a ridiculous design. Also, if you want a completely zippered cover, this is not for you. By the way, the fake leather is just fine.
Finally, they manufacture millions of these, okay hundreds of thousands, and some very few are going to have a glitch. From what I have read, the manufacturer responds quickly and without question. Email them they send you a new one. Unless money is no object, there's simply no reason not to at least try this case if you're looking for an automatic on and off open and close kind of case.
Okay, writing this review I am definitely going to order the red one. I just remembered I got a three-year extended warranty from Square Trade, so I might need it. BTW, do not buy any extended warranty from Amazon by just clicking on the one especially for the Paperwhite. Call their (Square Trade) 800 number and they will walk you through ordering a super deal. Again, I wasn't going to spend 30% for a three-year extended warranty. It was less.
Oh yeah, the Paperwhite has in my opinion reach nearly the pinnacle of industrial perfection. I mean sure, if it was thin as construction paper and equally foldable, cost $5, and turned the pages according to the movement of your eyes that would be better. But for reading text without diagrams it is indisputably currently state-of-the-art.
Please click for the current price: Best Cases for Kindle (8th Generation)

No comments:

Post a Comment