Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Hands-On Review

Proud owner of the new style android icon- none other than.. The one and only Note 7

Finally the wait is over.. After a long nail biting wait I grabbed the new android revolution in my pocket.. Yeah I am talking about Samsung galaxy note 7 ...
After note 5 's big success I was a little skeptical about how the new release of note 7 will do.. But no wonder it just hit the first stand and all my worries were thundered away in just a few minutes when I got this iconic phablet in my hand.

I chose the blue coral one to enjoy the feature of a new magic in a soothing color matching with the sea.

Now coming straight to point--

The best build and features of note 7 in my testing are -

1. Ergonomic Design - This 5.7 inch Android V6.0.1 2 SIM slot phablet is edged in both sides quite different from previous note 5 which was only edged in front side. Now it's dual curved with super AMOLED display with a S pen. The benefit of dual curve is that it really feels smooth and symmetric in hands. It feels like you are holding glass with no metalic thing in between. Really ergonomic design.
2. Screen - The screen is fabulous . The Quad Hd wonder has a bigger screen size compared to iPhone . On the left hand side you have infra red light for iris scanner and on the right a dedicated camera fir scanning irises.
3. Sleek and light weight - It's a bit narrower and less weight than note 5 which means you are getting more technology in a lighter weight.
4. Build Quality damage proof - Aluminum alloy with The gorilla glass 5 case is surely a big wall against any damages to this precious note 7.
5. Type c port and adapter - It has a USB type c port with a matching adapter that comes with the phone.From nexus 5x I am a fan of using type c port and I am really enjoying this in my samsung note 7 also. I am happy Samsung provided the adapter and I don’t have to use other compatible adapter.
6. Memory - It has extended memory up to 2 TB of card but depending on what is available now you can use 4GB of RAM along with 64GB of internal storage . If you preorder Samsung is providing the gift of of free Gear Fit 2 or a free 256GB Samsung microSD card for more space.
7. Camera - It has 12 mp rear cam and 5 mp front cam. It has HDR video also. Super focus and best low light pictures . Selfies look mind blowing. The low light pictures are also of good resolution.
8. Iris scanner- Note 7 has iris scanner which helps me to unlock the device and also authenticates the phone by eyes. Just keep your eyes 25-35 cm away and from your face, open your eyes wide , the scanner captures the iris and you are all set to swipe, scan and unlock.I loved to enjoy the dual feature of iris scanner and fingerprint sensor together for different usage. I will love to use the iris scanner for secure folder .
9. Fast charging - Note 7 charges so fast. It gets half charged within 10 minutes which is quite helpful when you are in a hurry and need your phone atleast charged to make necessary calls or browsing the mails.
10. S pen - S Pen is 20 mm long 3 g light weight a bit thinner this time, good for artists .action memo, S Note and scrapbook all together in Samsung notes. So you don't have to wander and get all the options at one place.
11. Beautiful features of S Pen - S Pen features are great. When you eject S Pen you have the feature of air command like - a) magnifying glass for zooming in text b) translate c) glance - view an app as thumbnail and fully later d) Smart select is really wonderful to give gift of Integrated GIF of 15 sec of videos currently running on the screen to your beloved ones.
12. Water resistance - Enjoy water resistance feature not only for the phone but this time also for the S pen which is great, so you can take notes with s pen while being with your phone under water ...any way I have not tried it till now.
13. Battery - The battery is really great. You are getting 3,500 mAh battery which is really huge for a phablet .
14. Always on display - always on display same as S7. You can take memos with a S pen while display is off.
15. No damage for S Pen or by S pen to phone - You can't put in the Spen backwards , the slot is done in such a way that the pen will not enter in backward direction so either way the phone and the S pen is damage proof.

Now just a few loopholes-

1. Slower IRIS Scanner with some backdrops - The iris scanner is surely the elegant touch in note 7 and must awaited one but it's really slow. It works well only without lenses or glasses and in bright light. So, I think that's a minus point for this great feature.
2. Expensive - It’s really expensive.
3. Non replaceable battery - You can not replace the battery . I really wonder why Samsung has not done anything for this replaceable battery.
4. Speaker - Speaker placement is at the bottom and not front facing. Only one speaker and the sound is not so impressive.
5. No FM radio - For a radio music lover like me I really miss FM radio in my Note 7.
6. Back cover attracts grease and grime - Back cover does not have oleophobic coating so it’ easily catches grease and grime.
7. Gorilla Glass 5 - It is made of Gorilla Glass 5 both front and back. The main disadvantage of this is that it is more prone to scratches, can catch scratches easily. But it will not break easily that’s a plus point.
Note 7 has given quite a good choice of colors - black onyx, silver titanium,blue coral and gold platinum.
Its display is just way better than previous generation phones. Smooth butter like screen navigation. And the Edge display is just an icing on the cake.

Camera- Checked out the camera features and very impressed with pic quality. To me the innovative feature implemented in. Note 7 camera app is the toggle functionality from front to rear camera and vice versa. I hope many people welcome this feature as like me.

Apps just open faster. Game apps just open like jet fast on tapping. Of course it depends on later how much you load the phone with more apps, media etc.

I really like the UI design. It's fresh and easy access to all features of the phone. May be it's me, since I was using this number of galaxy series phones for last 5 years.

It got external micro SD card slot, it's IP68 water, dust resistant.

Pretty feature packed and slim and Lightweighted smartphone from Samsung.

If it is a question of upgrade My answer will be YES!!! It’s a go.

Besides these few Cons I really love my Note 7 and I think I really enjoy using this wonderful phablet. Enjoy!!!


---Ads---
Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Cases - TAGreat.com
Find great deals on TAGreat for Galaxy Note 7 Cases and Cell Phone Cases. Shop with confidence.
---Ads---

No comments:

Post a Comment