Thursday, August 4, 2016

iPad Pro 9.7-inch Review: Great tablet!

To fully understand my review, must explain a few things. I come to owning the iPad Pro 9.7" via a long lineage of Macs, iPods, iPhones and iPads. I've owned five MacBooks since 2006, the iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 6 and iPhone 6S. I've also owned the iPad Mini 2, iPad 4, iPad Air 2, and for a brief time, the iPad Pro 12.9".
The minority of upgrades along this ownership have been truly revolutionary. Moving to the Retina MacBook Pro from a regular 13" MacBook pro was a huge one. The iPhone 4 over the iPhone 3G was pretty huge.
I purchased this iPad with the cellular and left a review for that one. If you don't need cellular this one is the way to go. My last iPad was the third generation and that was 4 years ago. Now it has gotten old and slow. So, two months ago I started to look at new devices. Surprise! My husband bought me the 12.9" iPad Pro. Very nice device but BIG!!!! So hubby took over the new IPad and I waited until the latest iPad Pro 9.7" was released. The 9.7" Pro is a bit slimmer than the old iPads but has the same sized screen. Unless you have really big hands and long fingers the 12.9" Pro is unwieldy to hold as a tablet and to type. Also, the 9.7" Pro is much lighter weight than the older models full sized iPads and the same weight as the iPad Air. The graphics are exceptional as is the upgraded 12MP camera. It will not take the place of a DSLR camera for the camera buff but for me, who loves to take pictures of family, pets, and items to list on eBay, it is awesome. There is another feature that the camera does which is called a "live" shot. It is not a video but a mini snipit of about three seconds. This feature literally brings a picture to life. You hold your finger on the shot and it comes alive. It is the difference between taking a picture of a child as they blow out that first candle on their cake and actually seeing the child blowing it out. Amazing! As an long time iPad user I knew that I would need at least the 128GB for my apps, updates, pictures and music. Even though we subscribe to a 200GB iCloud storage plan it is amazing how quickly all that data takes up space. It would be a real shame to buy a device and skimp on something so basic. Will this take the place of a desktop or laptop? For me it does 99 percent of the time. It is perfect for social networking, skyping, uploading pictures, writing documents and printing them off of a wireless printer and, of course, on-line shopping. If I was still in grad school or running a business then I would probably need a laptop or desktop. As with all Apple products they are intuitive. The set up is a breeze and if you have an issue the Apple support team is just a phone call away. I am loving my new iPad 9.7 Pro and I know you will, too!
In my opinion, the Apple Pencil is what sets this tablet apart from any other tablet. YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE AN ARTIST TO HAVE A USE FOR THE APPLE PENCIL! I own my own business. I constantly have to annotate PDF files, sign documents, jot notes down. Being able to preform these tasks digitally is not only MUCH more convenient, it's fun! You can mark up things and email them back instantly. For me this is invaluable. You can take a picture (with THE BEST camera on a tablet, again, not debatable) throw it in Notes and use the Apple Pencil to handwrite a few notes about it, and send it away. For this specific task, it is better to have an iPad Pro than a laptop.
In addition, the speakers are amazing. Seriously, 11 out of 10 for a mobile device. I cannot understate this. They sound great and they are loud enough to entertain a small party. My bluetooth speaker has been sitting on the shelf since I bought the iPad Pro. Recently took a vacation to Florida and brought the iPad Pro to the pool. To own an ultra portable device that you can store all of your music on and play it on its internal speakers without having to pair it to some other battery driven device is awesome to me! Around the house, I listen to podcasts on it all of the time. I can leave the room and still hear it in the kitchen. I absolutely love the speakers and simply will not purchase another tablet unless they can match these speakers. I cannot go without them now.

The iPad Pro has a number of other amazing features that I'm sure the other reviews will highlight. I will end my review with this: This is undoubtedly the best tablet available. As with almost anything, if you want the best, it's going to cost you more. My advice to anyone willing to spend around $350 for a tablet OR laptop, spend the extra money to purchase an iPad Pro instead. It will run circles around any tablet or laptop in that price range, and from my experience, it will become the favorite electronic device that you've ever bought.
---Ad---
Best iPad Pro 9.7-inch Cases - TAGreat.com
www.tagreat.com

New iPad Pro 9.7-inch Cases In Stock. Get Them Here First. Ready to Ship!
---Ad---

No comments:

Post a Comment