Sunday, July 3, 2016

iPhone 6S Plus Review: A home run by Apple

I have been using iPhones for several generations and when the 6 plus became available I was intrigued by the larger screen. I normally carry my iPhone in a suitcoat pocket, and when I realized that the 6 plus fits very nicely in such pockets, I was sold. I use my iPhone as much for email and web browsing as I do for telephone calls so for me the larger size is a very significant advantage. Especially since many of the emails I read have PDF or Word documents attached.
After a month of use, I can truly say that this size of iPhone seems "normal" to me. Sure, you can't text with one hand, but then again I couldn't do that before anyway! I bought the 128GB version because I store very large amounts of music and videos on my iPhone for boat trips and vacations. So the storage is a big advantage for me as well.
The white-gold iPhone is absolutely gorgeous. I bought both the 6 plus and my new iPad Air 2 in this color, and I can absolutely recommend it.
The fingerprint reader on this iPhone (and the iPad Air 2) works first time, every time once you have registered your fingerprint with the phone, which is quick, easy, and elegant to do. It is great to be able to open my iPhone without typing in the 4 digit code. I love using Apple Pay for its speed and security and I look forward to the day that I can do most or all of my transactions this way -- not having to put my actual credit card numbers "out there."
I bought the iPhone 6 Plus not just for its larger screen size and faster processor, but Mostly for the extended battery life.
I was NOT Disappointed at all. My last phone was an iPhone 5 (regular, before they had 5c and 5s types). Every iPhone I've ever had has been perfectly functional and so why change brands to potentially save money but find out I'd made a huge mistake. (I have 2 friends who got Samsung's because they seemed to have all the same stuff, for less money, but later said they wished they gotten iPhones.)
BATTERY LIFE is Amazing ! ! !
I frequently drive to see patients and sometimes the GPS doesn't get me to the right place and I have to get turn by turn directions from the patient themselves, thus burning up a lot of batter power. The phone usage burns the battery Much faster than listening to songs or audiobooks does.
With my iPhone 5 I occasionally got down to a 20% battery charge towards the end of the day and was sweating whether or not I'd have enough to get me to the last patient, or maybe not allow me to call my wife when I was on the way home.
I got the iPhone 6 Plus, and it is a monster, esp. after I put the protective case over it, very large for a shirt pocket, but still manages to fit.
After using it for 4 or 5 days, at the end of each day I'd check the battery charge remaining level and got results like this: 93% ; 87% ; 91% ; 78% ; 89%. Needless to say, I was OVERJOYED!! I'll never have to worry about the battery running out on a single day, unless I don't plug it in
overnight, and even then, not so much.
Overnight not plugged in test: end of day results: 75% ; 67% ; 82% ; 76%.
So, I pushed the experiment: I left it unplugged for FOUR DAYS: 56% ; 73% ; 67%. And this was still with using it during the day, making some calls, and almost always listening to an audio book from Audible.com (subsidiary of Amazon - Apple screwed up and should have bought Audible before Amazon, because to me the combination of an iPod or iPhone and audiblebooks is the greatest educational enhancement technique in the last 2,000 plus years!!!)
Now my only worry is I might get lazy and not plug it in for a week just because I get used to not having to plug it in every day!
If battery life is a big thing for you, the answer is Apple's iPhone 6 Plus ! !
---AD---
Without a doubt, a iPhone 6S Plus Case is a good investment. There are many different iPhone Cases available in the TAGreat.com, so be sure to test out a few before purchasing one.

No comments:

Post a Comment