Sunday, January 17, 2016

Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge User Review

The groundbreaking Samsung Galaxy S6 edge is where power and beauty unite. The curved edges inform you when favorite contacts call or message. Beneath a sleek design lies the fast octa-core processor. Capture the brilliance of any moment with the ultra-responsive camera and relive it on the 5.1-inch Quad HD Super AMOLED display. The Galaxy S6 edge comes in 32GB, 64GB, or 128GB and is available in Black Sapphire, White Pearl, and Gold Platinum.
  • Easily hold, text, call, and more with its stunning metal bezel, sophisticated glass, and two revolutionary edge screens.
  • Watch images and videos come to life on the 5.1" Quad HD Super AMOLED®display, even in sunlight.
  • Work, watch, and game at blazing-fast speeds.
  • Capture amazing photos with the fast-focus camera and take epic wide-angle selfies.
  • Use Ultra Power Saving Mode,1 Fast Charging,2 or wireless charging3 to extend your smartphone’s battery life when it's running low.
I don't know what some of these negative comments are talking about. No this isn't a scam, I received the g925F not the I (the F for international, the I for the India version. Although both have the EXACT same specs.) and the box doesn't have extra letters.... I must say, being a die hard iOS girl, that this is a nice phone. The screen is beautiful, it's android so you have to know it's not as simple (they have a toggle for a simpler version which I have yet to try), it's very presonisable. I was able to easily connect to my iPhone and transfer everything over, and when I say everything I mean everything! They matched my apps and if they didn't have the exact one they found one that was similer, freaking great option. Now for the people complain about battery life? WELCOME to the smart phone world, you wanted a mini TV screen that can multitask and be able to power a s*** ton of apps and keep up with what everyone is doing on facebook, twitter, myspace, tumbr and IG then yes the battery's suck. When you first get this phone you are going to sit there and program it to death, tweak everything to your liking. So the first week yeah your battery life is going to suck even more than normal. So androids I don't care which one has a s*** ton of apps that stay on in the back ground. So the apps with the screen saps your battery. So now you have two ways to fix this: a. Figure out to how to toggle all the apps from running in the background yourself which means you have to check up on them, or b. Download a app that does that exact thing for you such as juice defender or such like (no it doesn't turn off your fb no worries your gossip will come to you). Now with that being said the battery life and the way the phone is built has nothing to do with this seller. Why are you rating someone a horrible rate when it wasn't them who built the phone in their backyard?
I just moved from the Galaxy Note 3 to the S6 Edge so my review is colored by that comparison. This wasn't the unqualified success I'd hoped for.
The Good:
  • Cool factor. The edge screen is eye catching and a popular topic of discussion
  • Size. My Note 3 Phablet was too big. The S6 has a large screen but can be easily one-handed.
  • Speed. Generally speaking the phone is fast and responsive
  • Wireless charging. This built-in feature is by far my favorite upgrade. I have a charging pad on my nightstand and I can just lay the phone down to charge. If I need to read it during the night I'm not wrestling with wires.
  • Screen resolution. Insanely sharp and bright. The increased pixel density isn't necessarily noticable with the naked eye but I am a VR enthusiast and I can see a significant improvement when using Google Cardboard. I'm looking forward to getting the Samsung VR helmet later this year.
The Bad:
  • Battery life - even with moderate use I have to charge once or twice during the day.
  • Hesitation - I use the same suite of apps as I did on my Note 3 but the S6 will hang up for no discernable reason where the Note 3 didn't. This is especally odd given the S6 processor upgrade.
  • Hand Feel - the edge feels like a fragile bird in my hand. The power and volume buttons are way to easy to press and the thin edge feels fragile. The cover I bought has considerably improved this situation.
  • Constantly waking up unbidden like an attention starved toddler. I'm not talking about bumping the power button. I'm talking about spontaneous wake up due to lord knows what - proxity to another phone, the power of my Aura when its in my pocket, a sideways glance. Its very frustrating and probably a big contributor to my battery life issues. I'm still looking for the "shut the heck up until I call for you" setting but so far no luck. I've never owned such a touchy smart phone.
  • The curved screen has some downsides. It warps the edge of images and some apps are hard to navigate if a control is near the edge.Overall I wish I'd bought the regular S6.
Don't mistake me. This is a very good smart phone. But there are some downsides to consider before getting swept up in the cool factor like I did. Probably deserves 4 stars but nobody reads those reviews.
---Ads---
CellBy.com offers a wide selection of high quality Galaxy S6 Edge cases and accessories., Including Leather Cases, Cartoon Cases Flip Covers, Screen Protectors and More Cell Phone Cases.

No comments:

Post a Comment