Thursday, June 16, 2016

Samsung Galaxy S7 Review

Samsung Galaxy S7
I was waiting for this new wonder by Samsung and atlast I got it in my hand. Out of Black, white, Gold and Silver I chose the gold one. No doubt Samsung has again shown its creativity in its new launch Galaxy S7.
Got this phone from ATT and not amazon, but thought I should write a little about it so you can ignore the slander comments.

This phone is exactly as marketed.
Pros:
- Its fast, It will run many processes in the background without ever bogging down ( improvement over my S5)
- Its got a good camera for the 99% of us who are not professional photographers.
- Display is clear and high def.
- It's slightly smaller than my S5. I actually like this.
- They brought back the SD card slot (one reason I didn't get the S6)
- To the fellow that complained about dropping it from over a foot and it breaking..... buy a case... its what people do with a $700 phone.

Cons:
- Battery life is still good, but not as good as my S5... I will play with it all day and it will still have about 40% left as opposed to 60% with my older one.
- Headphone jack on the bottom of phone... personal preference I suppose, but I liked it on the top.
- Still has the more complicated menu settings of android phones... Ex: Might take you a few minutes to find the right tab to rename your phone.
- Samsungs "SmartSwitch" isn't great when transferring files to your new phone. Try to store as much as you can on your old SD card before moving things or you might lose some of those valued pictures or documents.
I will start with not so impressive points of this new tech wonder-
1) Similar look to S6- It looks so similar to older version S6 in design. At least a new version should have differences from its predecessors not only by features but also by look. Both of them are same by size, look , height , width. Only slight differences are there by look. S6 is more flat at the back whereas S7 has curved panel.
The rear camera in s6 sticks out a bit whereas in S7 the camera is more flat.
2) No Type c USB - I will miss my nexus Type c usb connector in S7 which I really enjoy in my google nexus 5X. S again I will be missing my fast charging here which is most needed when you are in a hurry and want to get your phone atleast half charged within a couple of minutes.
3) No 3D touch- I love 3D touch of my iPhone 6S plus which I will be missing in this S7.

Now the best and most impressive sides of S7 are -
1) Better camera than S6- In spite of the significant megapixel difference in camera between S6 and S7 ( S6 has 16 MP rear camera where as S7 has 12 mp rear camera ) I would say the camera is much better than S6 . Pictures comes solid in S7 and you will not have a chance to think about the megapixel difference.
2) Waterproof phone- Yeah, Samsung has created the wonder fully waterproof which is savior to those worries if your phone accidentally gets dropped in water.
3) Better battery performance - Combo of 3000 mah battery and android marshmallow featuring long lasting battery will make S7 horse of a long race.
4) Micro SD card support- It supports Micro SD card which is a win win over S6.

I am using this phone and have no complaints still now and pretty happy with my golden S7.
---AD---
Without a doubt, a Galaxy S7 Case is a good investment. There are many different cell phone accessories available in the TAGreat.com, so be sure to test out a few before purchasing one.

No comments:

Post a Comment