Friday, March 14, 2014

Capdase USB Car Charger Mount for Cell Phones

Due to the fact I work from home I do not need to drive around for long distances, however for my short drives it is usually wonderful to need a few accessories for my BlackBerry device. An excellent accessory is definitely a car mount. I got hold of a ProClip Custom Charging Mount for the Cell Phone as well as gave it a whirl. How did it good? Follow on through for my full review.
The ProClip Custom made Charging Suction Mount is sold with two primary parts - the suction cup mount plus the cradle. This particular one I am reviewing right here is for the cell phone. The cradle includes a 2-amp cigarette lighter adapter so you can also charge your cell phone during mounted. The suction mount can be attached to the windshield or the dashboard/console. There exists an adhesive pad which you can use if you would like to attach it to your console or dashboard rather then the windshield.
Hooking up the cradle and the suction mount together is very simple - just slot the back of the cradle in the swivel part of the mount right until it clicks. To attach your Cell Phone to the cradle just slip it in from the right and push it all the way till your device connects to the charger. Then simply position the cradle wherever you want it and push the lever down on the mount to put it in place.
The cradle alone can swivel and tilt around and so you can put it just the way you want it, even put it in landscape mode in the event that you needed too. You can then tight the screw on the backside of the cradle to hold it in place.
The ProClip Custom Charging Mount is absolutely one of the nicer mounts I have used. The suction cup is very strong and I do not fear it falling off the windshield when driving. Generally there have been some unlucky times this has happened to me with other car mounts. I like that on the cradle part there are two soft pads to keep the back of your device somewhat protected from the metal to keep away from scratching.
You can find an additional cradle holder clip included for all those who purchase different mount holder. This allows you to quickly switch between the mounts. Just remove the cradle part.
I just have two negatives with the ProClip Charging Mount as well as they may not be something everyone will encounter. To begin with, the cigarette lighter adapter. The silver latch bit that keeps it set up when inserted seems a little too small and so it does not sit well when plugged in. From time to time it dislodges and so it stops charging my device. I have other car chargers that do not wiggle this much. Next issue is the wire, probably it could be a little longer on may be not coiled. I choose to put the cradle on the side of my windshield as opposed to the center and this signifies I should stretch the wire out. Sooner or later it wants to coil back. Couple that with my first issue and it adds to the adapter being dislodged easily. This only really becomes a huge problem if I want to get a nice charge up on my device which isn't too often, thankfully but it can be come an issue for longer journeys.
As a whole the ProClip Custom Charging Suction Mount is a sturdy car kit. In case you just own a cell phone in that case this is a very decent car kit to check into. If perhaps you use multiple devices, or switch devices a lot it could be worth getting a universal car kit on the other hand. Although since you can remove the cradle part you may just get a cradle for an additional device and continue to use the suction mount. The reality that you can charge your device with the cradle is in addition a nice bonus. Do not need get a different car charger. My niggles are with the adapter and the wire length although as I said other will not encounter these difficulties, it would be a case of trying it out to see.
You can purchase the Capdase USB Car Charger Mount direct from http://www.Cellby.com for $39.95, a really great price. It might also be worth checking CellBy if you’re hoping to save a couple of bucks. What’s more, there’s quite a few other Car Mounts available that might be more up your alley.

No comments:

Post a Comment